michifugu: Transcend alt (Uma Musume - Transcend 3)
[personal profile] michifugu

Hiiii guys, sorry for not writing for a while, a LOT of things happened to me last month.

First, my mom passed away from thyroid cancer. I was more or less expecting it since the doctor told us she was stage 4 and her cancer was the anaplastic type, which is the most aggressive kind of thyroid cancer, so I was already prepared. I was sad obviously, and I still am, but at least she passed away peacefully in her sleep instead of writhing in pain. Honestly, I wasn't that close with my mom and I have my own grief around her, but I'm letting it go and trying to see her in a different light. Anyway, I think that's enough about that. I'm okay and more or less moved on, so don't worry about me!

 

In other news, I've been addicted to tarot LOL. I've been buying a lot of tarot and oracle decks, and I think I want to invest more in it, because lately I've been using tarot for fortune telling and so far it's been hitting! Some of my readings actually came true, and I feel like I'm getting the knack of it? My intuition is pretty good, I'd say.

Fun story: I tried buying an oracle deck through Amazon, which I'd never used before, so this was my first time. I expected it to take way longer than usual and for me to pay extra customs fees, but shockingly it arrived faster than I thought and got delivered right to my door? Like, wow, that's so neat. I think I should buy more from Amazon, especially imported books!

I've also been buying scented candles! I don't know, they're so relaxing to me. I love fruity, musky, and sweet scents. I think I've bought 7 this month alone lol. I wonder if I should invest in an air diffuser and scented oils too, but they're so expensive, and I don't know where I'd even put them since my desk is already full of my stuff!

Last week I went to a psychologist because I feel like I really need to work on my mental health, especially my executive dysfunction and anxiety. I want to improve myself.

Also, I've been watching John Kiriakou. I know he's ex-CIA, but watching him is fun? I don't think he's that anti-CIA or anti-America, but his perspective and stories are interesting, and he doesn't glaze the CIA either, so that's a plus in my book. I'd like to buy his book, ngl.

And right now, I don't know why, but I've been preferring books over movies lately.

Also, expect me to post some of my takes and rants here hehehehe

 


(no subject)

Date: Monday, 21 September 2026 06:58 pm (UTC)
guildrone: (yozora-book)
From: [personal profile] guildrone

First, my mom passed away from thyroid cancer.[…]Honestly, I wasn't that close with my mom and I have my own grief around her, but I'm letting it go and trying to see her in a different light.

You’re a better person than me; I still have yet to miss either of the uncles that’ve died in my lifetime. (At most, though, I do feel guilt over the one my mom dragged me to get to know in his hospital bed.)

In other news, I've been addicted to tarot LOL. I've been buying a lot of tarot and oracle decks, and I think I want to invest more in it, because lately I've been using tarot for fortune telling and so far it's been hitting! Some of my readings actually came true, and I feel like I'm getting the knack of it? My intuition is pretty good, I'd say.

Any recommendations for fun decks? I don’t put much stock in fortune telling, but I like the idea of using them for solo RPGs—especially since I can interpret a basic RWS as-is without needing an extra table like I would with dice.

Last week I went to a psychologist because I feel like I really need to work on my mental health, especially my executive dysfunction and anxiety. I want to improve myself.

I wish you luck; ironically, I’ve been wondering whether my own therapist is really doing anything for me anymore…

Also, expect me to post some of my takes and rants here hehehehe

Looking forward to them!

(no subject)

Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2026 02:36 am (UTC)
torachan: (Default)
From: [personal profile] torachan
I'm sorry for your loss.

(no subject)

Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2026 08:54 pm (UTC)
lassarina: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lassarina
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope good memories give you comfort in the days ahead.

Scented candles and tarot decks are two of life's joys :)

Profile

michifugu: Transcend default art (Default)
michifugu

Author

Yuributa who is also a Fujoshi.
Proud Sukebe!
I write things I like and what's on my mind.


October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 23
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags