(no subject)
Tuesday, 22 September 2026 11:52 amI am...really feels vindicated with Sayonara Lara case because I can smell the yuribait from miles away and it's amazing how plenty of yuri fans fall for it!
like it's being yuribait is non-issue tbh, but the problem is how a lot yuri fans having crazy expectations that ''this is show made for lesbian by lesbian" like...okay
that aside I am sure Sayolara is a good show and I am glad we get more original anime but the way twitter folk talking about it just make me want to roll my eyes inside.
somehow I am glad I am veteran otaku who already fine with yuribait stuff.
that aside we need to talk why english yuri fans are so afraid of ambiguity and only see female characters as object whether they end up with a girl or not, rather than you know...actually seeing the show as it is. especially when it's original anime or ongoing manga series.
also no, it's not queerbait. you're expecting too much from the creator that they have queer people crossed in their mind when we know they just want to bait yuri shipper in lol
like it's being yuribait is non-issue tbh, but the problem is how a lot yuri fans having crazy expectations that ''this is show made for lesbian by lesbian" like...okay
that aside I am sure Sayolara is a good show and I am glad we get more original anime but the way twitter folk talking about it just make me want to roll my eyes inside.
somehow I am glad I am veteran otaku who already fine with yuribait stuff.
that aside we need to talk why english yuri fans are so afraid of ambiguity and only see female characters as object whether they end up with a girl or not, rather than you know...actually seeing the show as it is. especially when it's original anime or ongoing manga series.
also no, it's not queerbait. you're expecting too much from the creator that they have queer people crossed in their mind when we know they just want to bait yuri shipper in lol
(no subject)
Date: Thursday, 24 September 2026 02:30 am (UTC)I can't imagine a world where if a male character did that for a female character it would be seen as non-romantic. Frankly Sayonara Lara's issue is that it cares about more topics than just who the main character kisses and it made the mistake of getting a little aro with it (which is totally common for yuri manga, but these are anime fans who think Utena invented lesbians)
More than any individual disliking or liking the show, it sucks that there are all these rules for what counts as legitimate queerness in media, when the straights can have whatever stories they want.
(no subject)
Date: Friday, 25 September 2026 04:12 am (UTC)It's suck that most queer original anime have to treading water or being a little too afraid being explicit.
this is why I would rather read yuri manga or watch yuri adaptation than original "yuri" anime. CPK is also facing similar issue where they play it tooo safe.
then again this is problem with original anime show in recent year where they playing it too safe...